Mana Artisan Botanics Selected for Mana Up Initiative’s Second Cohort
Only 11 Companies Out Of An Applicant Pool Of 73 Are Admitted To The 12-Week Accelerator Program Designed To Power Hawai’i Entrepreneurs To Scale Their Businesses.
Kona, HI — Aug. 28, 2018 – Mana Artisan Botanics, Hawaii’s first wellness-driven hemp company, today announces that it has been selected to participate in Mana Up’s second cohort. The 12-week accelerator program targets only Hawaii-headquartered product companies that can be strong contributors to the state’s economy, are suitable for export and can elevate the unique brand of Hawaii. The initiative is designed to enable the selected entrepreneurs to scale their businesses through sales, marketing, manufacturing and sourcing support.
- Mana Up is an economic development initiative to build Hawaii’s next 100 product companies earning $1 million or more in annual revenue. The initiative offers a 12-week accelerator program biannually to enable Hawaii product entrepreneurs to scale their businesses. Mana Up is supported by Kamehameha Schools, Hawaiian Airlines, Ulupono Initiative, American Savings Bank, Castle & Cooke, Dole Plantation, Pineapple Tweed PR & Marketing, Hawaii Technology Development Corporation (HTDC) and INNOVATE Hawaii.
- Mana Up’s first cohort of 10 companies all sourcing ingredients for their value-added products from Hawaii Agriculture represent an expected year-over-year growth rate of 67 percent from 2017 to 2018.
- Mana Artisan Botanics, Hawaii’s first wellness-driven hemp company, is selected to participate in Mana Up’s second cohort. The company, headquartered on the Big Island of Hawaii, debuted its online store November 2017, and has since exhibited strong growth in both online sales and through its wholesale and distributor network worldwide.
- Mana Artisan Botanics handcrafts all of its hemp infusions artisan style. Customers report experiencing numerous benefits including acute and chronic pain relief, restful sleep, increased focus, mental clarity, lower anxiety, reduced tremors as well as an enhanced sense of wellbeing.
- Mana uses simple, pure, non-GMO and organic ingredients that are sourced from local farms in Hawaii whenever possible, including:
- Hawaiian turmeric from Honaunau Farm and Aina Culture Farm.
- Raw, cold-pressed Macadamia nut oil from Hawaii’s only certified-organic, macadamia-nut processor.
- Rare and organic Lehua and Wileaki honey from Big Island Bees, provider of some of the world’s finest, single-floral honey.
- Organic vanilla beans from Hawaii Vanilla Company, the first commercial vanilla operation in the United States.
- Organically grown true cinnamon, Cinnamomum verum, from Adaptations Farm in Kona, Hawaii.
- Organic sugar cane alcohol from Maui-based Kula Rum
- All Mana products are designed to support the endocannabinoid system (ECS), which is critical to regulating the nervous system, immune system, digestive system, endocrine glands, brain, heart, lungs and many more.
- All Mana Artisan Botanics products are tested for purity and potency by multiple third-party labs, such as Steep Hill Labs Inc. and PharmLabs Hawaii.
- The company supports and practices regenerative agriculture, giving back to the land and supporting local farmers.
- According to a World Health Organization (WHO) report published in November 2017, cannabidiol (CBD), a primary phytocannabinoid, has “been demonstrated as an effective treatment for epilepsy” in adults, children, and even animals, and that there’s “preliminary evidence” that CBD could be useful in treating Alzheimer’s disease, cancer, psychosis, Parkinson’s disease, and other serious conditions. WHO experts also stated that CBD is safe and well-tolerated in humans and animals and is not associated with any negative public health effects.
- More information about the health benefits of phytocannabinoids and the value of using organic, whole-plant extracts is available on our Resources page.
“We are extremely excited about our second cohort, selected from an applicant pool of 73. All the participating companies are already selling market-tested, value-added products authentically representing the Hawaii brand. We believe these companies have a great chance of success and can be strong contributors to the state’s economy.”
Meli James, Mana Up co-founder
“Mana Artisan Botanics impressed us with their focus on wellness, as well as their commitment to locally sourced organic ingredients, product quality and regenerative agriculture. We are thrilled to have them participate in our second cohort as they are well positioned to take advantage of the fast-growing hemp market with a high quality product line.”
Brittany Heyd, Mana Up co-founder
“As Hawaii’s first wellness-driven hemp company, our mission has been to create unique and potent wellness products – and make them easily available to health-conscious consumers worldwide. We were excited to see the success of the first cohort participants and expect Mana Up to help fulfill our vision by further accelerating our growth.”
Steve Sakala, CEO and co-founder of Mana Artisan Botanics
- Online Store
- Resources — Why CBDs Are Not Created Equally
- Customer Testimonials
- Product Images
- Buy direct in these fine establishments around the country: Retailers
About Mana Artisan Botanics
Mana Artisan Botanics, Hawaii’s first wellness-driven hemp company, handcrafts phytocannabinoid-rich products for endocannabinoid system (ECS) support. Based on the Big Island of Hawaii, the company offers artisanal, whole-plant hemp extracts, infused with pure Hawaiian botanicals. The Mana team members all share a deep desire for wholesome, healthful living, and their efforts demonstrate a commitment to regenerative agriculture, the local economy, and holistic health education For more information visit manabotanics.com and connect with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Mana Artisan Botanics